Right up front, I’ll mention that this year’s contest features MUCH better prizes than previous carving contests – they total over $1,300 in value, to be exact. Here’s how it works:
Carve a watermelon between now and August 4 and send a picture of the carving AND a picture of you posing with the carving to email@example.com. You can carve anything you’d like, including the carvings on the National Watermelon Promotion Board website. On August 4, a special panel of judges will choose three finalists in each of these five categories:
1. MOST ORIGINAL – Your original watermelon art may be meant for a special occasion, season or holiday. Christmas in July, anyone?
2. FUNNIEST – We’ve all seen hilarious takes on food, so show us your humor! Comical staging counts, so make us LOL!
3. MOST ELEGANT – Culinary professionals and highly skilled food artists can knock our socks off. Show us how the experts do it.
4. BEST JACK-O’-MELON – Save a pumpkin – carve a watermelon jack-o-lantern! The insides will be much tastier, too.
5. BEST WATERMELON.ORG CARVING – Any of the carving ideas and instructions found online at Watermelon.org are eligible. If you can follow a recipe, you can make a carving!
Amazon.com gift cards will be awarded for first ($100), second ($50) and third place ($25) in EACH category. In addition, all finalists will compete online for public votes to determine the “Fan Favorite,” which will win an awesome $500 grand prize.
If you have any questions, let me know, and don’t forget to check out the official contest rules below. Good luck and happy carving!
Pages: 1 2