CONTEST IS OPEN TO WATERMELON ENTHUSIASTS OF ALL AGES.
1. Your National Watermelon Month Watermelon Carving Contest entry must be posted or emailed during the month of July 2012, or as late as August 4, 2012, the day after National Watermelon Day.
2. Carvings can be based on whole watermelon, fresh-cut watermelon, mini watermelon, or any combination thereof.
3. You may use any type of display, craft or other creative materials to make your watermelon carving. This includes staging your entry with a backdrop or setting if you choose to create one.
4. How to enter: The contest is hosted through the WhatAboutWatermelon.com blog. High-resolution photos of your final watermelon carving and a photo of you posing with your carving, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The staff and social media representatives of the NWPB will judge entries. No staff member or NWPB vendor is qualified to enter. All categories will award a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize.
6. The Fan Favorite grand prize winner will be selected from among the total number of winners via a poll at the WhatAboutWatermelon.com blog. Your National Watermelon Month Watermelon Carving Contest entry must be posted or emailed during the month of July 2012 or as late as August 4, 2012, the day after National Watermelon Day. The grand prize winner will receive an additional $500 Amazon.com gift card.
7. All winners will be recognized in the watermelon industry trade press as well as via online ribbons, badges, posts and tweets. Certain restrictions may apply.
8. Entries must be received no later than August 4, 2012. All winners will be notified August 15, 2012. NWPB will notify winners via email or phone. The NWPB is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected e-mail.
9. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of gift cards from the online retailer Amazon.com.
10. Take high-quality photos, and use close-ups to accent details not visible in your wide, all-inclusive or size-enhanced photos. Digital photos will also be accepted via email. Please attempt to limit email size to 5 MB; if needed, send multiple emails to share all angles of you entry.
11. Entries and commentaries become the property of NWPB, including all advertising and promotional rights, and will not be returned. NWPB reserves the right to use owners’ names/photos for publicity purposes without further compensation.
12. The National Watermelon Promotion Board (NWPB) administers the online National Watermelon Month Watermelon Carving Contest.
Pages: 1 2