I’m not usually a mixed drink kind of guy, but in the absence of beer (or the presence of a tropical location), I’ll take a good margarita any day of the week. Extra salt on the rim, of course.
This recipe is great whether you’re looking for something to share with friends at a summer barbeque or you’re just relaxing on your porch with a good book. Maybe also while lying on an inflatable raft in a pool. Dang it, now I’m going to have to buy a pool before I make these things.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 3 1/2 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Lime wedges or watermelon balls (optional
- Place 2 teaspoons sugar in a saucer. Rub the rims of 6 glasses with 1 lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat. Set prepared glasses aside.
- Combine watermelon and next four ingredients (through Triple Sec) in a blender; process until smooth. Fill each prepared glass with 1/2 cup crushed ice. Add 1/2 cup margarita mixture to each glass. Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls, if desired.