Perfect for birthday parties, these watermelon jelly slices are sure to be loved by the whole family. These sweet treats will offer uniqueness to any occasion and are super simple to create!
Basic – Medium skill level
Approximately 20 minutes.
- Measuring cups
- 1 x large spoon
- 1 x sharp knife
- 1 x serving platter
- 2 x trays
- 2 x pieces paper towel
- 1 – watermelon (approximately 112 pound watermelon that has little blemishes and no holes in skin)
- 1 packet – blueberries (to act as seeds in the jelly)
- 4 packets – 3 ounce boxes of watermelon Jell-o mix
- 2 packets – 1 ounce boxes of unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups – boiling water
- Cut watermelon in half longer ways.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out all of the interior watermelon flesh and seeds. The remaining watermelon flesh can be used to make another one of our recipes!
- Line two baking trays with paper towel as this will create a bed for the watermelon halves so they do not tip over while setting in the fridge.
- Place your watermelon halves on separate trays on a flat surface.
- Boil a large kettle and measure four cups worth of boiling water.
- In a bowl combine the Jell-o mix, the unflavored gelatin and the boiling water and stir consistently with a spoon until all crystals have dissolved.
- Once combined, slowly pour the gelatin mixture evenly into your watermelon halves, adding a scatter of blueberries as you go.
- Place the watermelon halves in the refrigerator for a minimum of four hours (I recommend leaving your watermelon jelly’s overnight in the refrigerator to ensure they are completely set in the middle)
- When your jelly is set, using a sharp night cut across ways to make 1 inch slices. Once you have cut 1 inch slices, then cut these so that you have two smaller triangles.
- Place your watermelon jelly slices on a serving platter to be enjoyed.
(Note: You can change out the blueberries for chocolate chips and also add your choice of alcohol to make these alcoholic jello slices!)