Perfect treat for a hot Summer’s day that can be easily prepared in just over five minutes.
Approximately 5 – 10 minutes
- Food processor/blender
- Stove top
- 1 x Saucepan
- 1 x mixing bowl
- 1 x knife (for cutting up watermelon)
- 1 x whisk
- measuring cups
- 1 x wooden spoon
- 1 x freezer container
- 1/2 cup – cold water
- 5 cups – seedless watermelon (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup – frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup – sugar
- 1/4 cup – fresh mint leaves
- Prepare your ingredients by cutting seedless watermelon into cubes (enough for five cups) and measuring out other ingredients.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat.
- Using a whisk, stir mixture continuously until it begins to boil.
- Turn the heat down and allow the sugar and water to simmer until the mixture becomes transparent (approximately 4 minutes) .
- Once transparent, remove from element and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine watermelon, strawberries and mint and blend until mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- In a bowl using a wooden spoon, combine the melon/berry mixture with the warm sugar/water mixture.
- Once combined, you can eat as is or alternatively spoon this mixture into a clean ice cream container or a plastic lidded container and chill in the freezer.
- After an hour and a half this mixture will be chilled and ready to serve.
(Recommendation– watermelon and strawberry sorbet can be served in mason jars with a single mint leaf on top or a wafer for a fancy touch)