These layered watermelon popsicles make the perfect treat for a hot summers day. Made with watermelon, kiwi fruit, lemon and coconut milk they are a healthy alternative to a paddle pop.
10 individual popsicles
Medium skill level required
30 minutes plus time for freezing and chilling of Popsicle components
- 1 x bowl
- 1 x whisk
- 1 x knife
- 1 x fork
- 1 x Tablespoon
- 10 x Popsicle molds
- 10 x paddle pop sticks
- 3 1/2 cups – watermelon cubed (preferably seedless variety)
- 5 1/2 tablespoons – fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon – lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 tablespoon – dark chocolate chips
- 6 (medium sized) – kiwi fruits
- 1/2 cup – canned coconut milk
- In a blender jug, combine cubed watermelon, 2 tablespoons of sugar and lemon juice. Pulse until well combined.
- Holding foam back, divide this mixture between 10 Popsicle molds.
- Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips evenly between the 10 molds and then using a fork disperse throughout the watermelon mixture.
- Place cover on molds and insert 1 paddle pop stick into each of the 10 Popsicles.
- Place into the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Once three hours is nearing you can begin to make the next component of the popsicles.
- Place your coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar into a bowl and whisk until all sugar has dissolved.
- Place coconut milk mixture into the refrigerator for approximately half an hour.
- Remove popsicles from freezer and disperse the coconut milk mixture evenly among the 10 molds. It will be approximately a tablespoon per Popsicle of coconut mixture.
- Place popsicles back into freezer (no need for lid) for three quarters of an hour.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of your six kiwi fruits. Place kiwi flesh and 2 tablespoons of sugar into a clean blender and pulse until well combined.
- Place blender jug into refrigerator for half an hour.
- Remove popsicles and spoon about one tablespoon of kiwi mixture into each. Return popsicles to the freezer to set completely for approximately three hours.
- Remove popsicles from molds, serve and enjoy!